A Hacker News reader in Swift using the best features of both the language and iOS 8 latest API (well, that's the end goal)
- Now link with its own Hacker News Swift scrapping library, HackerSwifter. This is still a work in progress but it support the most basic features. This is linked a a submodule, so be sure to clone it too (I'm looking at you Github for Mac)
- The podfile is now useless, you may still run pod install to setup the project.
- A basic UI which respect latest Apple guidelines
- Use Swift features such as extension, framework, etc...
- Display HN home categories (Top, Ask, Jobs..)
- Load and display comments per posts.
- Load and display posts per user
- Share, Add to reading list, read in webview
- Live view rendering in Interface Builder
- Class Extensions
- Today and share extensions
- Clean design pattern
The app is in progress, but already functionnal, you can read the newsfeed, send article to the Safari Reading List, view the article in a webview, and load comments.
You can contribute to the app, just do a pull request. You can even contribute to the design in Sketch if you want!
- Upvote post & comments
- Post comments
- Today extension which show 3 latest posts in notification center
- Safari/Share extension to post a page to Hacker News